How to Reset Firestick? Does your Firestick seem to be malfunctioning? Would you like to reset it simply and easily? The purpose of this blog is to provide information about how you can reset your Firestick and restore its factory settings. For more information, please continue reading!
What is Firestick?
The Amazon Firestick is an electronic device that allows you to watch streaming videos. Through this application, you can watch movies, TV shows, and other video content on your television by connecting to the Internet.
Among the streaming services supported by the device are Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and others. The device runs on the Android operating system. As well as being easy to use, affordable, and portable, the device has become very popular over the years.
How To Reset Firestick?
You should take the following steps:
1. Navigating Through Settings
- Press the Home button on the Fire Stick when you are not already on the Home screen and turn it on.
- The gear icon should be located on your screen to the right.
- You can select My Fire TV/Device/System by clicking the button below. The name will vary depending on the model of the Fire TV stick that you are using.
- The option to reset to factory defaults can be found at the bottom of the menu.
2. Using the Remote
- You will need your Fire Stick turned on to proceed.
- Then hold the Back and Right Directional buttons simultaneously for a minimum of 10 seconds to initiate the factory reset. Once the 10 seconds have elapsed, a pop-up will appear on your television.
- The Fire Stick will reboot and reset. When you start it again, it will be like new. For this reason, you will need to reconnect to Wi-Fi again, log into your Amazon account and re-configure any settings you previously configured.
Troubleshooting a Blinking Orange Light:
1. Reset your remote to factory settings.
- Your user manual or Amazon website will provide specific instructions.
- It should only take a few seconds to pair the remote with your television after you have successfully reset it.
- Continuing to the next step if the orange light continues to appear on your remote.
2. Make sure that the network settings on your Fire Stick TV are correct.
- You may view the network status by going to Settings > Network, finding your network name, and pressing the Play/Pause button on your remote. If any recommendations are provided, follow them.
- In case you have made any changes here, please try reconnecting to Wi-Fi again.
3. Turn your Fire Stick’s Wi-Fi off and on again. You should be able to see a list of Wi-Fi names by going to Settings > Network. If your Wi-Fi network is not listed, turn the Wi-Fi off and on again and see if it appears.
- Make sure that your network is not hidden in the settings of your router if you are not able to see it.
- If you have made any changes to your Wi-Fi connection, please try connecting again.
4. Connect again after forgetting your Wi-Fi network.
- However, you will only be able to use this feature if you can connect to your Wi-Fi, but if your videos are continuously buffering. To forget your network, navigate to Settings > Network > Your Network and press the Menu button on your remote control followed by the Select button.
- After forgetting the network, reconnect and see if the issue has been resolved. If this is not the case, proceed to the next step.
5. The modem and router should be restarted.
- You may accomplish this by unplugging your modem and router and waiting a few minutes. As soon as your modem has been connected to the internet, plug it in and wait for the lights to turn on (this may take another minute). Your router should only be connected to the internet after your modem has been turned on and connected to the internet.
- The router and Fire Stick should be placed as close as possible to each other.
- If you are unable to connect to your Wi-Fi network, please try again.
6. Reset the Fire Stick’s settings to factory defaults.
- All of your personal information and settings will also be reset when you reset your Fire Stick. Resetting the Fire TV/Device/System can be achieved by going to Settings > My Fire TV/Device/System > Reset to Factory Defaults > Reset
1. Why should I reset my Amazon Firestick?
If you are experiencing performance issues, app crashes, or other technical issues with your Amazon Firestick, you may need to reset it. The data on your device can be cleared with a reset as well.
2. What will happen if I reset the Firestick?
Your Firestick will be reset if you perform a factory reset. This will delete all of your information, including your installed apps, saved Wi-Fi networks, and custom settings.
3. Does resetting the Firestick delete all my data?
It is true that when you reset the Firestick, all your data, including installed apps, saved Wi-Fi networks, and custom settings will be erased.
Resetting the Firestick to its factory settings is an excellent method for restoring the device to its original operating configuration. The device may freeze or perform slowly, so you can troubleshoot and fix these issues.
You can reset the Firestick in a matter of a few simple steps by following the above steps. Following these instructions will allow you to successfully reset the Firestick and begin using it again.